COVID-19: Operations Update
Dear Roadrunner Freight Customers,
Our team here at Roadrunner Freight continues to monitor the coronavirus (COVID-19) situation. We remain fully operational and our team is being extremely diligent to protect the safety of our customers, Independent Contractors and team members.
Our team is meeting daily to address business continuity plans and communication to our teams as the situation evolves. Our Independent Contractor business model provides the flexibility to adapt to changing business needs, as many businesses are experiencing now. Some of the business continuity plans that our team has identified includes:
- In the event that we have complications sending loads to ‘high risk’ areas, we have begun to look at other transportation modes (i.e., rail) to move freight.
- We will handle school closures and the impact to our workforce as they occur to minimize impact to the business.
- Through recommendations by the CDC, we will support social distancing by having members of our team work remote. Members of our team will continue to be available for questions or concerns through our normal phone lines and email.
- We have restricted non-essential travel and non-essential visitors to our facilities.
- We are developing a Self-Declaration form for drivers coming into our facilities to ensure we are not exposing our local teams to drivers that are high-risk due to exposure and existing illness.
Our team here at Roadrunner Freight is committed to providing high quality LTL service to all of our customers. We encourage you to contact us if you have any questions or concerns.